Passion comes in all kinds of shapes, ideas, and movements.
Whether that takes the form of being a coach, a TED presenter, or an artist, there’s so many ways of expressing what you love to do. You simply have to figure out what that is.
Sometimes figuring out what something is can be the hard part. Other times, it can be the easy part.
Take for example, this session’s guest, Andre Kane.
After realizing he wasn’t going to make a career in a rock band, he went back to school and ended up working in a radio station as an intern.
A split decision made him choose that path. And to this day, he enjoys being on the radio with his partner in crime, Jack Hammer.
In this session, I find out more about that split decision to get into radio, learn about some of the more memorable guests and moments they’ve had on the show, and we also talk a little radio geekery.
As always, thanks for listening, and enjoy the show!
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- How did Andre get into radio? 7:45
- How did he finally get on the air? 13:37
- What does a producer actually do – radio wise? 16:04
- Did he ever hear of 1190 WOWO out of Ft. Wayne, IN? 18:54
- How did the Electric Radio/Morning Show get started? 20:54
- What’s TSL and how it played a part in them knowing they had a hit. 28:38
- What are some of the more memorable times and guests they’ve had on the show over the years? 29:57
- How did Andre get big names on his show? 31:58
- What’s Andre looking forward to in 2017? 37:41
- Who are Andre’s 3 top influencers who have helped launch him to where he is today? 44:48
- Smallest decision that has made the largest impact on his life? 46:19
- Something he believed as a 30 year old and now finds completely inaccurate and why? 47:52
- What’s the secret to achieving personal freedom? 48:58
- … and MUCH more!
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Andre Online: Electric Radio Show, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Howard Stern: Private Parts
- 1190 WOWO (iHeart Radio Link)
- Rowdy Roddy Piper on Electric Radio Show
- Gary V: One is Greater Than Zero (Being on shows of all sizes because you never know who’s listening)
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Walking Dead Interview Promo:
Footage from 2009 doing Prune Juice Trivia:
Good Times Montage – The Show Must Go On:
On a Ghost Hunt in LimonCello’s at The Orange Inn:
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!