The world crafts us to be a certain way, there’s no doubt about it.
To this day, most formal education teaches us to be employees.
However, there’s some formal education out there that teaches to our strengths.
But many times, those places are really hard to get into because of the highly custom work they do.
Today’s guest, Alexis Parris, worked hard enough in her craft of dancing to get into one of those schools.
However, she soon learned that while she was good, if not great, at dancing, she had work to do that she really wanted to help people with.
Finding their true gifts themselves.
In this session, Daniel Postma and I chat with Alexis to find out more about her path, including why she left her amazing dancing career to pursue her new dreams, how she’s been able to get great mentors in her life, and what she truly believes that personal development means and why it’s so important.
As always, thanks for listening, and enjoy the show!
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- What was the process like in Alexis getting started as an entrepreneur? 7:18
- How did she get into dancing early on? 9:45
- When did she realize she wanted to do something other than dance as a career? 11:41
- What made her make that choice? 12:37
- How did she learn her definition of sacrifice vs what most people think of it as? 14:25
- What made her quit school altogether? 18:39
- How would Alexis like to change the world? 21:22
- What inspired the name of her company “Anomalies at Work”? 25:05
- How does Alexis reach out to people who aren’t tuned into bettering their lives and those around them? 33:04
- Why did she chose the title “Why I Quit College to Learn” for her book? 34:19
- How she would recommend getting mentors into your life. 35:08
- What made her write her book? 41:08
- What kind of journal does she use to document and keep records? 44:07
- What does personal development involve? 46:22
- Influencers who have helped her to where she is today? 52:32
- One gift she likes giving others. 52:54
- A piece of advice that has changed her mindset the most? 53:25
- One thing all high school students must know? 54:04
- How can someone be a difference maker in their community? 54:57
- … and MUCH more!
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Alexis’s takeaways from the Super Bowl:
Alexis on Embracing how You Stand Out:
Gary V on being real with yourself about who you are vs who you want to be.
Jim Rohn on Taking Charge of Your Life:
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!