Networking meetings, meetups, Facebook groups.
These are just a few places where entrepreneurs go to meet others in their quest to build their businesses.
But what does being a part of these groups do for the member?
What is it about that particular group that sets it different then all the other ones out there?
That differentiation will make or break the group in the long run.
Those that are put together well are often thought of as villages because the people are seen as a tribe.
Join us in this chat as we discover what makes a good village and how you might be able to get involved with one yourself.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- What’s Al’s background? 6:48
- When did Al know it was time to get out of the military? 15:22
- What kind of creative influences did he have growing up? 20:19
- Some of the Al’s thoughts on military influence in pop culture. 24:02
- What’s Ascension Mentorship really all about? 19:56
- What kind of businesses are involved with Ascension? 36:27
- How can someone build their own functional offline community? 43:10
- What the Veteran Leadership Coalition is about and who should be interested. 50:23
- Al’s Top 3 Favorite Books 56:41
- Something under $100 that has changed his life. 59:06
- Something he believed as a 30 year old but doesn’t now. 1:01:12
- … and MUCH more!
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Al Online: Ascension Mentorship, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Risk Takers
- There is No Box by Steve Coats and Tom Heuer (Amazon Link)
- Black Hawk Down (Amazon Link)
- Saving Private Ryan (Amazon Link)
- Combat Footage YouTube Channel
- Bomb Patrol: Afghanistan
- National Geographic Inside Combat Rescue
- Benjamin Franklin Junto
- NFL Moves on From Pink October
- Melinda Enfinger AoL Interview
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Dr. David Rock on the SCARF Model:
Patrick Lencioni on one of the Five Dysfunctions of a Team:
John Maxwell introduces his book Intentional Living:
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!